Monday 22 April 2013

A drop of water

Above is something I created with coloured pencils. Pencils take more time and patience with my work, unlike using a pen, I have to keep going over the same lines instead of (like below) having one definitive line after the other. So when more time is spent on lines, I end up creating an image with more recognizable forms eg. faces, hands, eyes. With the pen, I become more abstract, so I can end up creating imagery more about shapes and three dimensions.
I've come to learn that with each tool used, there comes a different outlook with this style. If the tool is delicate on the paper, the image becomes more delicate, if the tool is more straight on the paper, the image becomes the same.




-
Also, when it comes to my pen work, it also depends on the feeling I have when drawing. So at times I creates images like this one that has a lot of recognizable forms (refering to the faces, skull and so on), but otherwise I create images with less things that the brain can recognise instantly, so you end up creating for yourself what you are seeing.
 And this is the part that interests me the most, the main reason I have been evolving this style. What I see, you will probably see different. So with this style the viewer has a unique experience to themselves and also, I found that if I keep looking back at the same image, I end up seeing new things that I didn't before.

No comments:

Post a Comment