Monday 8 April 2013

Little quest

Okay, so currently I'm on the mission of editing all of my best/better drawings that I produced in the last 8 months.

 My sketchbook got stolen from a friends bag back in September and rather than wollow in my own sorrow, I accepted it as a challange to draw and create better things! It happened when I was traveling a little and since then, I've been drawing/creating like crazy. Now I'm getting it all together and refining what I have.

Enough mumble, I present an example a style I started making a little over a year ago. It first started as just doodles but over the year became more its own style:








 The first image is the original way that I drew this and the second one is the picture being flipped 180. The line work that you see is completely drawn on straight with a pen and no sketch or measurements were used. I try to capture a more 'organic' type of symmetry were the mistakes are not hidden. The colour however was done quickly on Photoshop.

-->> If you can make time, I am always interested in knowing what the viewer (this means you) sees. This style has an inkblot effect: that each individual sees something unique to them and I'm always fascinated to hear what you make from this.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woop woop!awesome to see that you've got a blog sorted! one quick comment, do you think you could upload these pictures or pictures like this in higher resolution so we can use them as mega awesome desktop backgrounds :) ill get back to you on what i see in it once ive smoked a few joints and stared at it for a few hours :) btw this is lucas :)

    ReplyDelete